Making Space For Business
Aerospace Christchurch is an industry body that promotes the interests of our city, our region and our nation.
We encompass broad aspects of aerospace: aviation, space flight, rocketry, manufacturing, engineering, geospatial mapping, data analytics, education, training and services. Aerospace Christchurch works with individuals and organisations that want to grow the economic wealth and aerospace capability in New Zealand.
Next Aerospace Meet Up
Aerospace Christchurch Meet Up #18: Mars Plus
Tue, 1 June 2021 / Ara Institute of Canterbury – City Campus
Build on Canterbury’s existing aerospace story, share the vision and develop a local space strategy.
Encourage existing space industry participants in Canterbury to work together.
Support and develop incentives for space startups and existing aerospace businesses in Canterbury.
• Awarua Satellite Ground Station - Dave Allen / NIWA
• Women In Engineering Workshop 2020 at University of Canterbury
• Asteria Engineering Consultancy and University of Canterbury Payload
• The Kea Atmos is a solar-powered, remotely piloted aircraft that will fly for months at a time.
• Skybase - Taking The Pilot Out Of The Plane
• ElectricAir - The Pipistrel Alpha Electro, the first and only electric plane in New Zealand
• Safe Skies
“In the same way New Zealand is a gateway to the Antarctic, Christchurch will be a gateway to space. By 2030, Christchurch will be the home to hundreds of aerospace companies providing thousands of aerospace jobs.”
Mark Rocket, CEO, Kea Aerospace